Thursday, January 7, 2010

She's baaaaaaaaaaack...

My daughter, the one that we kicked out of the house 4 weeks ago, is back home.  My fabulous father (insert sarcasm here) couldn't deal with the drug use and crap and tossed her out. 

I spent some time with my therapist today, chatting about the issue and what I should do about it.  We have given her chance after chance to deal with the issues at hand, and she repeatedly takes advantage of our love and kindness and ends up in the same place she always is - our bad side.

I know there is more to her, there must be a chemical or biological issue.  Neither of my other two kids are as oppositional, defiant, combative or rude as her.  She can't hold down a job, doesn't go to class, and has no respect for anyone else but herself.

So, she's going to sleep on the couch tonight; we've told her that having a place in this home is a priviledge that is earned, not owed.  In the morning, we will go to child and family services to chat about some family support systems that we can implement to make sure she is successful this time.  She will need to keep up with her AADAC appointments, go regularly for individual and family counselling, and partake in the behavioral clinic at the hospital.  We will be performing random drug tests so that we know she is clean.  She will not have keys to my house until I know I can trust her. 

We have told her very clearly that there will be a zero-tolerance for attitude, deceit, drugs, alcohol and skipping school. 

We will see what the coming weeks hold, and whether or not she is still in our home.  We will not be held hostage in our home ever, ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment